Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Canvas Art

     Today I will attempt to add some artwork to my blog. Each day is a new experience as I was able to add a profile photo of my handsome hubby and myself and now to attempt the artwork. After completing a beautiful suitcase album by Linda Albrecht at Frost It Pink, I had a few scraps left over and decided to use them on this small project.  Starting with a canvas I purchased some time ago, a Cricut butterfly and some paper roses made following a tutorial from Becca Feeken., I put them altogether with a verse from ODBD Scripture Collection 1 and a little mod podge and there you have it. My first project.
          My second one was much more neutral on color and was composed of bits and pieces of ephemera I have had for ages. Some trim from my mothers curtains, a silk flower pulled from an arrangement long destined for the trash and a key from the dollar bin at Michaels.


I hope I have given credit where it is due as so much of my inspiration comes from those blogs I follow. Thanks for looking and I am open to any suggestions you might have.

1 comment:

  1. Leah, I just received your beautiful comment on my blog out praying on the beach. I DO know what you are talking about. It is AMAZING for sure! And I must say your work is STUNNING! These canvases are beautiful! I would love to see more. Do you do scrapbook pages? If so, you definitely need to join us in our monthly ODBD Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge. This month's challenge can be found here:

    http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/week-1-odbdlyls8-scrapbook-challenge.html

    I pray you have a blessed day, and again, thank you for your sweet words!

    ReplyDelete